- TOTEM - That's us! We're the membership management platform that allows associations to accept online payments and donations.
- Association - an organization that is using TOTEM to accept online memberships and donations as well as any parent organizations such as Councils, Districts State associations which receive a portion of the proceeds.
- Leader - a person who holds an official position with an Association (President, Treasurer, etc).
- Member - a person who has joined an Association by paying dues.
- User - a person who has created an account with TOTEM. This User may have signed up multiple Members who may, or may not, have their own User accounts with TOTEM.
- Manual Member - a person who has paid offline with cash/check . How do I add manual offline members?
- Associated Member - A person who is part of a family, but not a primary member who wants to purchase a membership. How do I add an associated member to an already offline member?
- Payments - Member-to-Totem. The total charged to a customer's payment method. It will typically be the total of multiple items like donations or membership dues.
- Transfers - TOTEM-to-Association. When an association receives a donation, or splits membership dues with parent associations, a Transfer is made into an association's TOTEM account.
- Payouts - Association-to-Bank. When all accrued Transfers are swept into the Association's bank account.